In addition to riding the Gold Coast, there are many benefits of being a Huntington Bicycle Club member, including:
- Organized rides every weekend and holiday from April thru November each year.
- 10 to 15% discounts for members at most local bike shops.
- 20% discount on a RWGPS Premium annual subscription.
- 20% discount on Road ID account.
- Supplemental ride insurance on club rides thru LAB (League of American Bicyclists).
- Group participation at many offsite rides in the tri-state area.
- Workshops and technical assistance available throughout the year.
* Membership is valid for one year, but must be renewed each year.
GOLD COAST TOUR 2022 ROUTES
Trial Tour Twelve (12 miles)
This pleasant flat route meanders through Greenlawn, Huntington Bay and Elwood for 12.9 miles (We dare not say 13!). A ride leader will be available to guide those who are ready to start at 9:00 am. Novice cyclists will learn the rules of the road for group riding and the use of cue sheets and road markings to follow a tour route.
Huntington Ramble (25 miles)
A family-friendly excursion (without steep hills) exploring the neighborhoods of Greenlawn, Huntington Bay and vicinities''.
Vintage Villages (45 miles)
You will also enjoy the harbors and hills. Then you pedal though a string of charming and historic villages-Laurel Hollow, Oyster Bay, Locust Valley, Roslyn, Old Westbury, Brookville and others.
Grand Tour Metric Century (62 miles)
Harbors, hills, vintage villages, views of Oyster Bay Harbor & Mill Neck Bay & the affluent communities along the way, shows you why Long Island's North Shore is called the "Gold Coast".
Century Challenge (100 miles)
Even experienced century riders find this one a challenge. Your tour includes all the beautiful sights of the other tours plus 35 more hilly miles.
All routes begin rain or shine at the Harborfields High School Greenlawn NY.
SUGGESTED START TIMES
100 miles 7:00 am
62 miles 7:30 am
45 miles 8:00 am
25 miles 8:30 am
12 miles 9:00 am
HELMETS and SAFETY
ANSI or SNELL approved helmets are required. Cycling safety & strict adherence to all cycling rules of the road are imperative.
It is recommended that all riders bring water bottles and spare tubes. All participants must sign the waiver.